Your Wellness Vision Board For - 2018 !
"You create your thoughts, your thoughts create your intentions & your intentions create your reality" Wayne Dyer.
Athletes often use visuals to train their focus, stay on target, build their confidence and gain a heightened sense of wellbeing. There are many stories of athletes who have used these techniques to cultivate mental strength and resilience, which have been shown to improve their success.
Visualization, whether done through meditation, mental rehearsal or guided imagery, is the process of creating an intention of what you want to happen or how you want to feel in reality. It's taking a mental movie of what you want your future to look like and fully embodying it.
According to the popular book The Secret "You are a magnet. When you become a magnet of wealth, you attract wealth. When you become a magnet of health, you attract health. When you become a magnet of love, you attract love. When you become a magnet of joy, you attract joy. You must become the magnet of whatever it is you want, to bring it to you. Magnet comes first - manifestation is second. Manifestation is the effect of the magnet of you."
In 1987, when Jim Carey was only a struggling comic, he visualized a successful career. He wrote himself a check for $10 million for "acting services rendered" dated for Thanksgiving of 1995, which he placed in his wallet. By 1995, Carey was already an established comedic actor commanding far more than $10 million per picture.
I am sure that if you take a moment to think of it you'll probably be able to come up with few examples from your own life in which you've experienced the power of visualiztion.
The secret of creating a vision board is to start with HOW YOU WANT TO FEEL, rather than coming up with things you want to have. Nothing wrong with having material things on your vision board, but keep in mind - the more you'll focus on the feeling the more it'll come into life.
Here's my process of creating a vision board:
1. Quiet down, meditate. Only in stillness we can truly find what it is we want.
2. Write down what you want - focus & clarity are essential for this process. Be as specific as possible.
3. Meditate again. It's very likely that when you hold an image of your desired future in your mind, your ego will interfere with negative thoughts and limiting beliefs to prevent you from going out of your comfort zone. Your ego wants to keep you in the safe zone, which is everything that's familiar. This is an important phase in the process, you can't ignore it or pretend like it's not there. Instead, take inventory of your limiting beliefs and old stories. Once you see and feel them you can let them go.
4. Now that you've removed your blocks go back to your dreams and desires. VISUALIZE. See it in images, how does it look like? how does it feel like? See yourself in that mental movie. The more detailed (smells, colours, sounds, textures...) the better.
*If you find it hard to visualize what you want or who you want to be, think about someone your'e inspired by, someone who has what you want.
5. From that place of intention, excitement and creativity go on and create your physical vision board.
A vision board contains images of actions, words, quotes, products, or places representing what you want in your life. Vision boards not only keep you in alignment with your desires, but they strengthen your decision making process. They serve as a road map and physical reminder of your big vision, and the steps you can take daily to keep living it.
Place your vision board in a place where you can see it daily. Review your goals and feel them as f they came true, every single day. When you are so focused on something, you have intense emotions around it and vivid images you attract situations, you see opportunities and grab them.
One caveat, though - REMEMBER: The universe only rewards actions taken. Having a vision board doesn't mean you can sit and wait for your dreams to come true. It's not a wish list, it's another tool you can use to become an active participant in your life: getting clear about what you want, attracting situations, seeing opportunities and acting on them.
2018 Wellness Vision Board
Click on the image for description
Hope it inspires you to make your own vision board for a healthy 2018!